The City of Barry and the Quincy Family YMCA partnered to develop a YMCA outreach facility for the residents of Western Pike County, Illinois back in 2012. Since then, the Western Community Center YMCA in Barry has flourished! New equipment, new classes, and new hours! There’s only more to come in the future for our small town YMCA.
Thank you to the Pike County Endowment Fund and the Community Endowment Fund through the Community Foundation Serving West Central Illinois & Northeast Missouri for providing funding for the equipment purchase. And thank you goes out to the City of Barry for installing our new swing set for us!
Starting Monday, June 1, 2020, we are ready to welcome you back to our facility (finally!). Our staff have been preparing for your return and getting ready to reopen under guidelines that promote a clean and healthy environment for all to feel safe upon your arrival. You will notice some changes and increased signage in our facility that we must adhere to moving forward until changes come from CDC, local health organizations and the state. We, in advance, appreciate your efforts to abide by the new guidelines which include:
- Reduced Hours of Operation:
- Monday-Thursday 6am-6pm
- Friday 6am-Noon
- Saturday 7am-11am
- 1-hour reservation appointments must be made (573.719.6888); walk-ins not accepted
- Outdoor fitness classes offered with a max of 10 participants; bring your own mats and water
- Virtual classes will continue to be offered at no extra expense
- No guest/day passes
- Nationwide membership not accepted at this time
- Must be 14 or older (14/15 must have adult supervision)
- Masks are encouraged but not required
- All staff and members will have their temperature taken at arrival (100.4 or higher not allowed)
- Hands must be washed as you enter facility
- Covid-19 waivers must be signed to enter when you first return
- Controlled access to facility thru south side entrance only
- Shower rooms will not be available
- Bring your own water bottles as water fountains will not be usable
- Some equipment is not available at this time (mats, foam roller, etc)
- Please remember to stay 6 feet away from others; keep your distance
- Equipment has been strategically placed 6 feet apart
- Disinfect machines BEFORE and AFTER use
With everyone on the same page and following the above guidelines, our YMCA will be an environment that all members feel comfortable returning.
To schedule your 1-hour session, please contact Andrea Copenhaver at 573.719.6888 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you beyond words for supporting our YMCA while we are unable to operate fully. We love each of you and can’t wait to see your smiling and sweating faces again!
Much love and gratitude,